If you want to greet someone in the Philippines you can do this by putting your hands together and taking a small bow. This is quite similar to a greeting in China.
If you want to say something to the person you greet here are some tips:
- Good morning – Ma-gan-dang u-ma-ga po / Magandang Umaga po
- Good afternoon – Magandang Tanghali po
- Good evening – Magandang Gabi po
- You are beautiful – Maganda Ka
- You are from where? – Taga saan ka?
- My name is WhizKid. – Ako po ay si Whizkid
- I live in America – Nakatira po ako sa America
- Take Care – Ingat po
At last, read this article of you’re greeting and showing respect to an elder (60+) you know.