If you want to greet someone in the Philippines you can do this by putting your hands together and taking a small bow. This is quite similar to a greeting in China.
If you want to say something to the person you greet here are some tips:
- Good morning – Ma-gan-dang u-ma-ga po / Magandang Umaga po
- Good afternoon – Magandang Tanghali po
- Good evening – Magandang Gabi po
- You are beautiful – Maganda Ka
- You are from where? – Taga saan ka?
- My name is WhizKid. – Ako po ay si Whizkid
- I live in America – Nakatira po ako sa America
- Take Care – Ingat po
- Do not address people older than you by their first name. Older people should for example be addressed as “mister” “misis” or “ate” “kuya”.
At last, read this article of you’re greeting and showing respect to an elder (60+) you know.